Saturday, April 9, 2022

Annie Wilkerson Nature Preserve observing

 Last night, Ann, Rob, and I went out to the Annie Wilkerson Nature Preserve to represent the Raleigh Astronomy Club.  These were some of the most well behaved children I have meet at an event.  While it was cloudy, it was also looking better as the night went on.  About 8:15 or so, the clouds really cleared out and I used my 6" Intes on the moon with camera to take the picture below.  There is an event called the Lunar X that happens for about four hours a month.  I was able to capture it on some of the snapshots.




I also was able to stack 1000 frames and create this picture (warning, this picture is HUGE!)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Astronomical League   Special Outreach Program . This is the bottom of page 31 in the League's December 2022  Reflector Magazine .