From the New York Times "On This Day" Page, here are a few high lights.
| 1536 | Anne Boleyn, the second wife of England's King Henry VIII, was beheaded after being convicted of adultery. |
| 1962 | Actress Marilyn Monroe performed a sultry rendition of "Happy Birthday" for President John F. Kennedy during a fund-raiser at New York's Madison Square Garden. |
| 1992 | Vice President Dan Quayle criticized the CBS sitcom "Murphy Brown" because the title character chose to have a child out of wedlock. |
| 1994 | Former first lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis died in New York at age 64. |
| 2005 | "Revenge of the Sith," the final chapter of the "Star Wars" saga, opened in movie theaters. |
Sorry Mama, but I HAD to put the Marilyn Monroe dance in as a link.
I Love You Mama and I hope you have had a really great birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment